FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA and the Radiation Machines 101
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:06 am
stupidzbu

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by exbayern
Not all travellers are subject to the MMW or backscatter. That simply is not correct.
My wife had 6 interviews for her residency. We had to fly all over the country and all airports have either the backscatter or mmW machines. The only people that got 'selected' for the normal metal detector were families with children, probably because of all the uproar on screening children.

Now, these were major airports in major cities. I am sure there are smaller airports that might not them (like BUR vs LAX), but as of right now, if you fly in the US, chances are more likely than not that you will face one of these machines or an enhanced pat down.

And not all travellers who enter the US via airplane exit the same way.
True, but it is safer to assume that they will leave the same way.

There are a lot of technical errors but I also think that you overstating it by saying that everyone has to go through the scanner.
I do talk about the option of opting out, it is stated near the end of the article.

And the allowable liquids is still wrong - and frankly, if you are targetting this towards non-Americans I would use the metric measurements.
How so? Straight from the TSA's page Yes, it was wrong at 8 oz and should have checked before publishing, but what is on there now came straight from that link. What is wrong with it?

I do agree about adding the 100 ml though...