FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA and the Radiation Machines 101
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:49 am
stupidzbu

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD

I don't trust them enough to go into a private room, and I'd also rather the flying public see the frisk, and be appalled by it.
Point taken on your trust issues but I don't think the public even cares if you are getting a pat down because they are going through the machines

Who told you it was anonymous and that your info isn't recorded? If your info isn't recorded, then why do they always ask for your id and boarding pass when you go into the private room?
I've done it every time I've flown and I have never handed my BP or ID to anyone nor have I ever been asked to. This includes LAX, SFO, SEA, BOS, and LAS

[/QUOTE]

Not always true, some airports have a "no photographs" policy, and the local laws to back it up.
The TSA page is clear of their policy, so if an agent tells you you can't take pictures or record (as many youtube vids show them doing), you can state their policy. This doesn't mean a different policy doesn't exist, hence the line: know your rights.

Not only were the requests for dosimeters ignored, there have been reports that screeners are not allowed to wear dosimeters at work, even if they purchase their own devices.
Yes, the TSA states that if the public sees them wearing a dosimeter, it might create panic that the machines may cause cancer.