FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DM SkyMall Mileage Offer Not Honored???
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:47 pm
beaubo

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
DM SkyMall Mileage Offer Not Honored???

Stumbled across a solid mileage earning offer back in mid-June on an obscure part of the the DM SkyMall. But combined with a separate but stackable DM offer of 75% bonus miles for Plats for Skymall purchases through end of July, the offer became that much more compelling.

* Mid-June, i ramped up a bunch of purchases with a web hosting company EasyCGI that offered 4757 miles per purchase.....with no restrictions on product specific purchases, length of service or quantity limits. And was NOT a mistake or glitch or loophole as separate EasyCGI offer for 7269 miles per purchase with no restrictions was available on Hawaiian Airlines mileage mall.

* About 9 days after purchase, another mileage enthusiast informed me that his EasyCGI accounts were all unilaterally cancelled and his purchases refunded...no notification, no explanation. Luckily, he happened to check the status of his account with them, or we would not have been aware of any problems until our next credit card billing cycle.

* My friend contacted EasyCGI and was told that the quantity, pattern of purchase (lots of small web storage accounts) and short purchase activity window led EasyCGI to believe it was credit card fraud. My friend quickly provided full disclosure of personal and financial info to reassure that his purchases were legit and that mileage earning process could be reinstated.

* Suffice to say, the company via their CSR Manager Shimon Bakshi then began a litany of new pretexts about why the purchases would not be accepted:
- a 'rogue affiliate' had fraudulently posted the mileage mall offer without the company's authorization (EasyCGI would not disclose the 'rogue affiliate' identity citing "Privacy Policy")
- our web hosting/storage usage violated their T/C (even though our accounts were never opened or active)
- EasyCGI had never been involved with a mileage mall offer (yet their parent company Endurance had other subsidiaries with plenty of mileage mall offers)

* Cut to the chase, EasyCGI position was denial of mileage earning AND no option of redress from the 'rogue affiliate'.

So, we contacted the DM Customer Service Center and after their cursory, 'we will look into it and get back to you', they bounced us to FreeCause- a backend mileage mall management/administration company. On July 3, I contacted FreeCause Co-President Michael Jaconi who initially expressed interest and concern and advised an investigation would commence....it probably didn't hurt that I got the referral from Randy Petersen. Jaconi advised me about a week later that the investigation was ongoing.

Inexplicably, from mid-July until now, it has been radio silence from Jaconi or anyone at FreeCause, despite our updating them on a regular basis with new developments, documentation, etc., not to mention every email expressing our gratitude for their assistance and our acknowledgement to be patient.

So, the company that US hired to engage customers with mileage mall related issues, has disengaged!!!!

So, vendor, airline and mileage mall administrator keep passing our mileage earning 'hot potato' while our bonafide purchases of a legitimate mileage mall offer remains in limbo with no immediate resolution.

Have others been in this situation...and if so, how did you resolve the situation. Be grateful for any insights.

Last edited by beaubo; Aug 11, 2011 at 1:30 am