FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TPA/Tampa International Airport getting new Scanners
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:04 pm
jtodd

Originally Posted by RollerGirl
TSA spokeswoman Sari Koshetz ... Citing security concerns ... declined to say when machines with the new software will begin screening passengers at TIA's four gate terminals.

So this idiot TSA woman can't tell us when the new software will be installed FOR SECURITY REASONS -- OH MY WE DON'T WANT THE BAD PEOPLE TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING -- even though (1) they announced that the "upgrade" is going on; (2) they plan to demo it when the "upgrade" is complete; (3) when it is complete, everyone will know because they will see the screen with the big green checkmark when they go through the scanner; and (4) the new software is supposed to work just like the old software, other than showing someone what we look like under our clothes. So what is the big secret??

I suspect she just doesn't know how long it will take, but she doesn't want to say I DON'T KNOW. She would rather "cite security concerns" and look like an ....

sigh ...

kathy
I'd say it is a little more than look like.