FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Awesome Job, Blogdad Bob!
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:09 pm
G_Wolf

Programs: Sky Miles, Star Alliance, Marriott
Originally Posted by SATTSO
Its actually clearly apparent the video was edited, most likely by someone on the blog staff, cutting off the beginning of the video, and the end.

But take cheap shots where you can get them. ^
Fair enough. But the post also contains the following, immediately before the video:
"I spoke with Dave today from TSA’s Explosives Operation Division about what types of thing can cause your bag to be checked. Watch the video to see what he had to say."

This pretty clearly implies that the video will contain material specifically intended and recorded primarily and initially for the audience of the blog post. However, the actual contents of the video are, as you mention, clearly edited from a different video, which likely had been recorded for a different purpose.

That, to me, is the frustrating part... it comes across as puerile and amateur. There's absolutely no reason to be misleading here. Just say that it comes from a training video, or other material, or something like that. By promulgating such an obvious lie, it undermines any attempt to gain credibility, in my opinion.