FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Boarding due to SSSS on Boarding Pass
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:13 am
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Emm1412
Thank you. He's calling today. Could I ask you one more question please? What are the chances of him getting his money back or booked onto another flight this week?.. Now that he has returned home.
Thanks
If he doesn't get the answers he needs via phone, it might be worth a trip to the airport to speak to an agent there or the Delta Station Manager.

If he still wants to make the trip, he'll need to have Delta fix the ticket. otherwise, he would be entitled to a full refund.

I don't believe the UK riots had anything to do with this - I don't know if the flight was oversold, but something just isn't adding up.

I presume your friend holds a US passport? If that is the case, that is all he needs for travel to the UK as well as Schengen Europe. While he would stay in-transit at AMS, if he wanted to enter the country he'd have no problems doing so.

I've flown via Detroit to Amsterdam to the UK many times without problem. A couple of times I've even entered The Netherlands during my layover to meet friends and have lunch landside and then returned to international transit to board my flight to the UK.

I hold a US passport and I've never had any problems with UK Immigrations at all the points of entry I've used. Sometimes I fly non-stop from the US to the UK, other times I'll transit AMS and fly to the UK from there on KLM.

If your friend holds a valid US passport, there is no reason he should have been turned around.

There is also a Delta Air Lines forum here -- I'm thinking you may get more answers if this thread was transferred over there? (thoughts of others -- mods ?)

Have your friend login to FT and explain what happened.

SDF_Traveler