FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paying Drinks in Helsinki Long Range Lounge !!!!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:48 am
Anselmi

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
This was in the far-away lounge beyond immigration near HEL gate 35, you essentially need a drink just to recover from the long trek. I am not sure that AY realizes that the FC lounge in Heathrow Terminal 5 (accessible to all OW Emerald pax, even in Y on a 35 GBP ticket to Paris) offers for free 5 kinds of champagne, and that even the AA Flagship lounges in JFK and ORD offer a quite acceptable US product.

This is the first time that I tend to consider AY as a OW "second tier" airline, very much a la Malev, Royal Jordanian and former Mexicana. It is of course not the end of the world, especially as I have no stock in AY.
Poor you, long trek, sparkling wine and second tier airline. Luckily you don't have to use giant airports, fly third tier airline like AA or fly dry airlines.

More seriouly BA lounges cannot be compared to any other OW carriers lounges' including CX. AY's wine and spirit rules are weird in their main lounge. Products for sale should be better separated of free ones.