FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reward night reservation cancellation
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:47 pm
jmsfla2002

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Please do provide detail such as exact date, city, hotel, points paid, etc; as the terms and conditions listed above are not the typical terms and conditions.

Based on the statement regarding lack of availability for the entire city I would be inclined to arrive Thursday and plead ignorance as to the incorrect dates and sleep in the lobby until the staff find you a cot for Thursday night. No need to sleep at the hotel Saturday night to avoid the early departure fees by checking out in the early afternoon on Friday.
The reservation is for Nov. 11 & 12 at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia Historic District at 25K points/each night. 25K/night is the normal rate but the cancellation policy is different from the t&c on another night I randomly searched (t&cs for the random night I selected read like the t&c's on vrbaba's reservation).

I don't think I can plead ignorance as I already called the 1-800 number and tried to get the reservation changed.

From an economic standpoint, they should let me out of this reservation, either both nights or on Nov. 12, as rooms in Philly are going for $300+ those nights and the hotel is now completely booked all week. Will calling the 1-800 number and arguing this help? I use to have status but I no longer do.

Last edited by jmsfla2002; Aug 7, 2011 at 3:53 pm