FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reward night reservation cancellation
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:41 am
jmsfla2002

Bumped to clarify my situation.

In my haste, I made a reservation for a Fri-Sat night stay on points when I needed a Th-Fri stay. The points were deducted from my account immediately. Once I realized my mistake, I called but the hotel is booked on Thursday night. I couldn't even change the reservation for just Friday night because the hotel has a 2 night minimum for reward stays (at least when I'm going to be there because the whole city is booked).

My reservation has the following verbiage:

Deposit and Cancellation Policy - Reward Nights
Deposit Policy:A deposit for the entire stay is due at time of booking.
Cancellation Policy:Canceling your reservation or failing to arrive will result in forfeiture of your deposit. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

I understand that there are penalties associated with canceling some types of reservations. I have read the cancellation policy and agree to the terms.

Will I loose all of my points when I cancel the reservation? I know I've cancelled reward nights before and had the points redeposited but I don't recall what the terms and conditions were....