FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:24 am
FullTimeFlyer

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
For this month the max daily search points have increased to 10, so there's not a net loss of total points/week from halving the high-value searches. But you can bet that's just temporary, to try and get us used to the lower value. Then they'll yank down the search points, and we'll just be left with less. It's Club Bing all over again.

Had got used to using the Bing bar more since it's just there, but still shifting more search to Google since don't trust the Bing morons.

FTF
Hah! Microsoft are such a**holes; so predictable--and if what you're predicting is they will be working overtime to screw you, you are going to be right.

They didn't even wait until next month to start further devaluing their program. Dialed in today and instead of multiple Sunday searches for 6 points as it had been, then multiple Sunday searches for 3 points as it was for just one week, now its just ONE SINGLE multipoint search for 3 points.

You have to give them credit - they stick to their pattern. Start something that's worthwhile, try to get us addicted, and then screw us over.

I'm fighting back - learning the kinds of search terms that bring up no sponsored surveys. (Names, current news both seem to work well, especially unhappy news stories.) I encourage everyone to do the same.

Bingwads at MS: restore the program, and I'll go back to normal use. Until then, you want to ratchet us down to see how little value you can deliver - so do I.

FTF