FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Allegiant does things
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2011, 3:58 pm
ksucats

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Ksucats, we bought the Assigned Seating because of traveling with kids. I don't like extras either, but we didn't want a hassle over sitting with the kids since flying is something special to them and it is great to be able to share that. We did not pay the additional cost of Priority Boarding and that worked out just fine. Those who paid for both board in the first group, next are those who only paid for Assigned Seating, and the third group is general boarding.

The savvy seemed to have selected assigned seats in the back because the back rows are called first and that gives them first crack at the bin space.
Thanks. I didn't know if they gave families with assigned seats priority to those that weren't traveling with kids. It doesn't sound like they do. My kids have been spoiled & probably already taken 20 round trip flights in the past 6 years, so it isn't as special for them any more. Other than one previous trip on allegiant, all other trips have been on airlines where I have status, so seating has never been an issue (mutliple times we have been given opups to first, so they are really spoiled). The previous trip on allegiant was a year and a half ago & we were given assigned seats in the front row without paying for it. Of course they were a little younger & allegiant's policies have changed. I will probably roll the dice. They can entertain themselves with their DS or ipads & would barely even notice it.