FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:09 pm
drbobguy

Originally Posted by drbobguy
Hmm, well I guess it just goes to show it's a crap shoot as always. Even with a good credit score, not too many inquiries, etc. you can still be declined for some odd-ball reason while other people get approved.
I thought I would recap my story since it will be of interest to others. I applied for the Citi Business AAvantage 75k/$1500 spend a week ago, was stopped at step 3, and received an email saying I was declined because my business was too new.

I called several times and all the CSR's said there was nothing they could do. Since I had read post 2 I decided to send a hard copy letter to the presidential/executive review department (on good stationery) explaining my case, how I try to keep good credit, I'd accept a small credit limit, etc. No new information, just clearly explaining who I am, what business I do, and why I would like the card.

About a week later I got a call from a nice young lady explaining I could be approved if I could provide a proof of address. I posted on here before I have almost no paper trail for anything (utilities, financial statements are all paperless). At the advice of another poster I just "saved as a pdf" one of my utility bills that is online, and then I used an online fax service to send it to the number the lady provided (I don't own a fax machine).

Today the same lady called back, saying I had been approved.

The people at the executive review dept. are a lot more personable, and the lady I talked to called a few times leaving messages and a number that went directly to her desk.

I definitely recommend sending a snail mail hard letter for reconsideration.