FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best type of carryon for multiple-leg travel
Old Aug 2, 2011, 2:57 pm
liverpoolfc

Originally Posted by missydarlin
As small as you are, you shouldn't have too much trouble limiting yourself to just 1 rollaboard, plus a large purse for your sweatshirt and electronics ... and skipping the whole checked bag situation.

Pack layers, lots of black, and do a load of wash while you're there.

You can pick up a good rolling suitcase (I prefer the 4 wheel drive kind) for $40-50 at a Kohls/TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshalls type store.

I like to throw in a thin nylon duffel to use as my laundry bag, and if I've overshopped, I can check it full of dirty laundry on the way home and put more fragile stuff into the suitcase.
I would love to just do carry on only or do laundry there, but I am staying at a friend (and her fiance's) apartment and not a hotel, and I believe she wants to visit some of her fiance's family while I am there (meaning going to Milan, Pisa or Florence) and I fear being stuck having to do laundry if it's available while visiting for a day or rushing to do it at her place. I value your insight though and if I could get it to work I'd love to.

I have a rolling suitcase already, a pretty cheap but sturdy one, that I was planning to be my main bag but I may just go with the large purse situation like you said!