FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HPN-Bahamas service to lauch Nov. 15th
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:39 am
nickfromct

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by kwildnj
I'm kinda surprised at the timing of this flight. HPN is an absolute zoo between 7 and 9 already, and this will be adding in another flight during that period! -- Though I wonder if B6 will be dropping service to a city, or changing their schedule around to add this flight in during that period.

Tomorrow's schedule has 12 flights departing HPN during the 2 hour window of 7:00am-9:00am. This may seem like nothing for a seasoned hub traveler, but anyone who's waited for a flight at HPN will know that the waiting area at HPN is but the size of three typical-sized gates, and seating is at an absolute premium.

There's no doubt these flights will do well out of HPN, because of its ease of use, and location in the wealthy Westchester/Fairfield/Even Northern NJ market, but I hope people can find a seat to wait for these flights!
The really need to do something with the seating area at HPN. I think calling it a zoo is being kind. I imagine the local community would block any sort of construction on the site. This place needs some serious updating. I love flying out of there though because its alot easier to get to than JFK, LGA or BDL.