FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEA to Redmond
Thread: SEA to Redmond
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:16 am
chococat

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Evening all. Trying to get to Redmond from SEA. Doing some searching, it looks like I can take the light rail into the city, and then a bus the rest of the way. The Sound Transit trip planner is saying take the Link to International District Station BAY A, and walk to 4th Ave S & S Jackson St. Then I'd get on bus 545 to Redmond.
Getting from Seattle to Redmond is always a bit of a hassle since it involves crossing one of the floating bridges, which are almost always congested. Also, the Blue Angels are in town for SeaFair and will be doing some practice runs over the lake, so I-90 will be shut down intermittently-- highway 520 (to Redmond) remains open, but gets backed up with the diverted traffic. It all depends on when you plan to travel-- commuting hours can be a bit of a mess, but the buses run more frequently. Make sure the 545 bus will be running when you want to travel-- some of the commuter buses only run during commuting hours.

The Link Light Rail is a pretty nice system-- follow the signs from the airport to the train stop (it's a 0.25 mile walk, so make sure you can haul your luggage), the train will take you to the I-District (which is an underground station). I think you have to go up the stairs to catch the 545 bus, but it's not too far (and if you have some time to kill, you can grab some Asian snacks/pastries in the I-district).