FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requesting a private screening for the say your name carnival
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:46 pm
janetdoe

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Ari
Why do people need to come up with new ideas to antagonize?
One TDC failed to do his job, let a guy using an expired boarding pass and a non-matching ID onto a plane. TSA gets embarrassed, but claims there was no risk anyways, since the guy was thoroughly screened by security.

The solution to the non-existent problem? Make people announce their names when they're going out of town. That's like clipping your toenails because your arm itches. Completely and totally illogical.

Further, it is actually an invasion of privacy and DANGEROUS. I have a rare enough name that people could identify me, find my home address and break into it while they know I will be out of town. Anything I can do to thwart and frustrate this ridiculous policy is good.

Originally Posted by Ari
There are plenty of ways to try to change the TSA without these stupid stunts.
Can you name one? Because as far as I know, TSA refuses to do what Congress tells them to do. They refuse to do what the federal courts tell them to do. They sure as heck don't do what the Constitution tell them to do. I assume they would do what the president tells them to do, but there is no way to change that until November 2012.

So if you could name one of these "plenty of ways", the people on this board, who are frustrated and fed up, would be ecstatic to hear about it.