FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:33 pm
Flews

Originally Posted by Krankenfaren
Thanks so much Jet! My family is very much experienced in Disney World. We go every year (always at a Disney Resort) and love the Boardwalk area for the location reason you mention above. This is the first time I am using a reward to cover my hotel. My dilemma is...if I am pretty cetain I will get an upgrade, I will book Dolphin (I read nicer ambience at Christmas plus better chance of fireworks view). However, if no upgrade, then the Swan for the larger beds and sink outside the bathroom. Your tip to call to pay for the upgrade with points is a good one and I will do so tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Kevin
If you need certainly about the upgrade my advice is to book the suite. While I am having good luck at this property, we always go into it assuming we will get nothing more than we've paid for - well maybe an upgrade, but not a suite.

We have also had luck at other properties booking two rooms - even on points - and asking nicely if we could have a parlor between them if one is available. So that suggestion, from another poster, might be worth a try. At the very least, you end up with two rooms instead of one.

Cheers,