FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Business Platinum Offer: 100,000 MR for $5k spend
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:21 pm
MightyTravels
Used to be highman123

Troubles with 100k upgrade for Business PLatinum card

Folks, I'm looking for your advice here.

Through a lengthy discussion with rep I applied for a Business Platinum Card in June with 25k bonus. I activated and called in that I'd like to Bonus ID 5999 applied.

First rep said no way - next 2 (!) reps said no issue at all - I should just call when 5k are spent and settled and would get the bonus. I was asking to add a note to the account.

In the meantime I also applied/activate and bumped bonus for a AMEX Gold personal thanks to FT. After 2 denials I got the bump.

However I called in yesterday in order to finalize my bump for the Business Platinum and teh rep seemed to not have any idea what I was talking about. I hung up and called again and diff rep but again no idea (?) and connected me to supervisor. I thought of finally someone to talked to but to my surprise she said NO DEAL. I was very nice and friendly and was asking for a reason and she said because of the prior bump I'm not eligible. I was asking what rule that is and that I got different information last time. She said the rep may have been 'confused'.

She said I should send a secure message.

I called in later and rep seemingly saw my ticket and said no dice I should send email.

I did next day and got denied without any reason. I sent another email today to Social media - no luck.

My questions:

- has anyone seen being denied the bump in a short order for two cards - is that normal?
- do i still have a chance for the bump and what is the best strategy?

I spend lot's of money on that AMEX and intent to keep it but I feel duped that I got two reps confirm info for a bonus and then get denied weeks later.

Last edited by mia; Jul 29, 2011 at 7:30 am Reason: Removed circular link after merge.