FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Upcoming Alaska Itinerary
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:01 pm
jiangxi

My Upcoming Alaska Itinerary

After almost 2 months of research and with help from experts in this thread, I finally came up with my Alaska itinerary. Please comment.

August 13: arrival at Anchorage. Almost 10pm.

August 14: pick up rental car. Biking along Tony Knowles Coastal Trail (groupon offer) for a couple of hours. Hiking Flattop mountain in the afternoon.

August 15: drive to Seward. Stop at Wild Animal Center briefly (free tickets from Kenai Fjord National Park tour purchase) and scenic points on the highway. Hike Exit Glacier. Do evening kayaking (7-11pm) with Miller's landing.

August 16: 11:30am Kenai Fjord National Park tour (6-hour). Stay at Hotel Seward. Late afternoon hike Hardin Icefield Trail.

August 17: Sea life center in the morning. Drive to Whittier to take 1pm Major Marine Prince Williams Sound tour. Stay at Anchorage.

August 18: Drive to Denali State Park. Kayaking Byers lake. Drive to Denali National Park entrance. Hike Denali Horseshoe lake trail.

August 19: Take shuttle bus to Wonder lake. Hike Eielson Alpine trail.

August 20: Take shuttle bus to Wonder lake. Hike wonder lake trail and Eielson Stroll.

August 21: half day in Denali NP. See whether I can book discovery hike. drive back to Anchorage.

August 22: local shopping. Departure in the evening.

Any comments? Did I miss anything major from my 10-day schedule?