FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using BA miles for SFO -> BOM
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:48 pm
britbronco22

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by sushshants
Hello Travel gurus
This is my first post here, hope to contribute as much as I can.
I have over 100K+ miles from British Airways (the Chase Visa BA card) and was looking for the best way to use them.
I want to eventually travel to Mumbai (BOM) this Dec, so I tried looking for reward flights on the BA website from SFO-> BOM. Problem is they don't have suitable dates and for Nov it was 90K miles + $570 per person.
I don't mind traveling via another country (e.g. France or any other Asian country) as long as it is a good use of the miles. Also, if the miles get me from SFO -> blah, then I could just buy a cheap ticket from blah -> BOM, provided it makes sense.

Sorry for the complicated question, but just wanted wanted your feedback on reward travel for this sector with British airways.

thanks in advance
-- SJ
Welcome to FT Sushshants.

The BA forum is a mind of useful information (read the sticky at the top), and helpful posters.

Just don't mention you got the miles from Chase or complain about the fees

P.S it helps if you do a bit more experimenting with dummy bookings and get to a more specific question, rather than just asking people to do all the work for you

It helps if you look at some partner airlines, which will help you avoid fees. Going via London is not a good idea in this regard.