FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated Disneyland Information, Accommodations and Restaurants Thread
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:44 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ted S
If you've got 6 days to kill you may want to do both.

The City Pass requires some serious driving as the locations are fairly spread out but it will occupy a few days.

Disneyland is obviously the same place each time but even for someone who really takes their time, 3 days is enough to get to every ride, and see every show. Lines are busy this week but not beyond insanity for an infrequent visitor.

As an alternative, you could get 3 day park hoppers [keep in mind that the costco offers in SoCal are often for SoCal residents which is loosely enforced] and spend the other 3 closer to where you're staying... Right now the Orange County fair is setup: that's a good half day. Newport has some great beaches and areas to wander which you can extend down to Laguna or up to HB, or both. Lots of ways to kill a couple days without making every morning into a long long drive.
Thanks everyone for the tips..

We've got a one year old and five year old..so many not full full days.. plus from being in Disney World 3 weeks in December.. we were actually at the parks the full 3 weeks everyday.. no Universal, NASA, Busch Gardens.. nothing.. but Disney World..

We'll probably want to hit up a good number of character dining and spend some time inside those restaurants to get away from the heat..

Plus doing things once over, while saves us $$$.. isn't probably the full reason.. the extra days paid is only marginally more expensive.. so we can do things again and again..

I talked to my wife at length and we are still neutral.. will decide when we get off the plane I guess to what we'll do..

LA is 3 hours from San Diego.. or two?