FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No PTVs for regular PMDL 752s, new LCDs instead
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:53 pm
nytraveller53

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Where do these rumors start?!

We are currently spec-ing out over-aisle LCD screens with the goal of replacing all CRT monitors on the PMDL fleet.

I agree...it can be confusing and I understand your frustration. However, we're working hard to provide a more consistent customer experience and to provide more information regarding seating and onboard amenities during the shopping/FLIFO path on delta.com.

There are no current plans to move the volume/channel PSU or to replace dual prong jacks with single prong jacks.

I have not experienced this but will ask MTC to look into the issue you describe.

3C...do you work for DL?
I'm impressed - nice customer service! So I guess the plan is to install LCD screens after all.

Here's my take - Delta, overall, has a very good domestic hard product in Economy. Other airlines are eliminating even overhead screens, while Delta has a sizable amount of the fleet with Delta on Demand. Why not keep it going? If you can equip ALL (and I mean ALL) mainline aircraft with Delta on Demand, Delta will quickly become the "premier choice" for domestic travel, since the other legacy carrier's hard product will look like a joke in comparison.

I appreciate all the upgrades Delta is doing (finally fixing those dreadful 767-300ERs!), but seriously, while you're at it, why not do it right? Just something to consider - keep us posted.