FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA dining part of AA "30 deals" day 3 promo
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:42 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
The shopping portion is probably the reason my miles have not posted yet. That is, if they'll post at all. The purchases I made back then have not even posted at the shopping portal yet.
Ouch, if you made the shopping purchase shortly after the promo was announced, IMHO you should have been checked the shopping portal as the promo was ending, and if your purchase wasn't showing yet then, should have considered making another purchase "just in case", this time with a merchant that other people report good success with.

In my case, it happened in the opposite order (lucky for me). I made my first shopping purchase late in the promo period, and when after a few days it hadn't shown up, I made a second purchase. (Luckly both things I wanted anyway.) Well, a day later my first purchase showed up, but my second (backup) purchase has never shown up (and I too wonder if it ever will).

In my case, the merchant that worked was Calumet Photo; the one that didn't work was Reader's Digest.