FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status match atm to *G?
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:12 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Baggycat
Given that I can fly Premium economy for the same price that LH are currently trying to get for Y the only differences at the moment between them are lounge access and the mileage bonus... plus the fact that I would lose my intended 1k SWUs if I stick with LH, but is it worth paying £500+ more than AF for economy for a few extra miles? Of course it isn't!
I could clear out my account with UA and book a business class ticket instead and give up with the *A altogether and just concentrate on FB with cheaper flights and better service.
Only minor pain in the BIS is Delta... I happily use UA to LAX and IAD, neither of which Delta fly direct to from the UK.
Your fare discussion is a bit surprising. PE on AF is not cheap, nor is it spectacular. There have been periods where you could get Biz on LH cheaper than AF PE. Make sure that your fare comparison is not based on a special period. During the summer there is little biz travel demand but heavy leisure travel demand; hence all premium seats are offered at a discount during the summer, but Y seats are selling at a premium.