FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport (Master Therad)
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:22 am
toolnik

Will not come back

Had a terrible experience here. Can happen anywhere, but something tells me it will take awhile for this hotel to become a good option near MAD.

I contacted the hotel about the shuttle and was scheduled to be picked up at 10 pm. The flight was a bit delayed so I wasn't outside until 10:20 pm or so. I called the hotel and was told to wait for the shuttle. I was not told to wait at a particular spot, so I was waiting at the curb by the bus stops near the arrivals (this area, as the entire airport, is huge). After 50 minute wait I finally saw the shuttle for CP fly by at 50 kph and not even notice me waving my arm like crazy. There may be a special pick up area, but again I had to idea where that was, and wasn't told.

Anyway, cab driver had no clue where that is, but eventually (25 euro later) found it. It's almost 11:45 by then and I have to get up for the 4:30 am shuttle. No recognition of my Platinum status, no upgrade of any kind, not particularly friendly staff, but fine. Have dealt with worse. The room was perfectly clean and comfortable. I decided to check email, to find that I need a wifi code from the front desk. Pick up the phone and ... nothing! The phone is not even on. My foot is sprained, so I am not about to hobble downstairs for it. The shuttle in the morning was on time and took me to the airport.

This is the last time I'll use this place again. But I hope others have had better experiences here.