FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:17 pm
unicon

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Npw that the deal is dead, all you guilt ridden coin schleppers and wannabee coin schleppers will be relieved to know that you could have bought millions of coins using the "add to wish list feature" on the mint that never ran you through the mint's intended purpose agreement statement. There was never an ethical dilema to any coin order run through that route. The mint pulled of one of the biggest con jobs I have ever seen in my professional life in an effort to discourage citizens from legally making a profit! Give the mint a Nobel for their success at pulling a fast one over on the unsuspecting American public.
Of course, my comment was more toungue in cheek than a serious one. Given that I was about to buy the coins under the lure of much higher no. of miles means that ethics were not the biggest detriment but the laziness of going through all the effort everytime for a few thousand miles. But now since I can not buy them anyway, why not rationalize it to make myself happy .