FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:56 pm
AlohaDaveKennedy

Programs: Several dozen
Now that the deal is dead, all you guilt ridden coin schleppers and wannabee coin schleppers will be relieved to know that you could have bought millions of coins using the "add to wish list feature" on the mint that never ran you through the mint's intended purpose agreement statement. There was never an ethical dilema to any coin order run through that route. The mint pulled of one of the biggest con jobs I have ever seen in my professional life in an effort to discourage citizens from legally making a profit! Give the mint a Nobel for their success at pulling a fast one over on the unsuspecting American public.

Originally Posted by unicon
I had never ordered these coins till now as I found all the effort needed for a few thousand miles to be not worth it (plus may be the ethical dilemma also created a mental blockage). But I recently got the 2 AA 75K offer cards which require 2x4K spend in 6 months and suddenly the effort needed and questionable ethics became worth it :-). So I go to the website today to place my first order and see the offer is gone. Well at least now I can comfort myself that I didn't have to compromise my ethics for some stupid miles .

I'll be able to meet the spending limit anyway, just that the coins would have helped me reach there faster.

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Jul 24, 2011 at 9:27 am