FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stopover suggestions for S. America & LAN vs. AA on BA award ticket?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:10 pm
jbalmuth

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by abcx
I think you'll have a hard time covering all 3 unless you can use the new LIM-IGR flight (I think there is one) and then IGR-AEP and then EZE-SCL-IPC. You might have to convince the agent why they should let you take LIM-IGR-AEP/EZE-SCL since it's a pretty circuitous way to get to SCL from LIM. They usually allow LIM-EZE-SCL since that is a published routing.

I think your best bet will be to book an open jaw using two one ways and a one-way intra S. America ticket. Book the inbound to IPC on the new LIM flight, book IPC-SCL-EZE-IGR with stops everywhere and then finally book your outbound open-jaw from IGR-AEP-EZE-wherever.
Agreed, albeit with the smallest correction. I think that the intra-S. America ticket (25k BA miles in J) should read IPC-SCL-EZE/AEP-IGR. One needs to book partner awards with stopovers with BAEC telephone agents, and since they may not be totally familiar with Buenos Aires' multiple airports (i.e. may only query EZE), it's sometimes helpful if you are able to lead them segment by segment.