FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:38 pm
montreid

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
There's a lot of discussion about whether buying in bulk and paying walmart or a bartender who deposits directly into the bank vs direct bank deposits makes any difference.....that's splitting fine hairs.

At the end of the day, I ask this question:
Even if only 1 in 100 dollars that was ordered by FT churners got into the circulation....that's 1 more coin in the circulation.

That's 1 more coin that's not sitting completely unused by people and sitting in the US vaults amounting to $1 Billion dollars and a 300 million dollar storage facility being built.

With the elimination of any credit card usage, I would argue that close to 0 coins will make it into circulation with these new purchase options.

So, how does the new rules HELP the circulation intent? It clearly doesn't I have no idea why the limit was $1000 per order.

Make it $250 per order per month. That'll raise the circulation rate a bit more with the credit card.

Cutting off CC use to get rid of churners is like killing the patient to cure him from cancer.