FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 12 hr layover in Bangkok - hotel options?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:03 pm
burmaflyer

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
Originally Posted by raj_cl
Thanks a lot guys for the suggestions.

Some follow-up questions - from the Novotel website, it's not clear if the hotel is 'inside" the airport...because it says a 3 minute walk from the airport.

Reason why I'm looking for something "inside" the airport is since the layover is for my parents who are not comfortable with going outside the airport, and also to avoid the hassle of visa etc. Any idea of for Novotel also, my parents will have t apply for a visa? And will they have to consider giving themselves enough time for entry back into the airport?

Also they are on their way to USA, so will the airline keep thei luggage or will they have to carry it with them?

Novotel is outside the airport, i.e. you have to pass through immigration on the way out, and passport control/security on the way back in. There's a (free) shuttle bus that runs fairly frequently. As others have said, going into town is an option -- taking a taxi (or car service) avoids having to find the shuttle and hotels in town tend to be cheaper, plus you can have dinner in town etc. That said, I'd be a pretty early morning, and it's about a 45 min taxi ride...