FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:43 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
By swiping one's ATM or debit card at the teller's station. It has been several years since I've seen a deposit slip.
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Have never seen such a thing. All the banks around here require a paper slip
Every major bank in this country has presence here. None has done away deposit slip whether swipe ATM card or not. All require deposit slips other than paying credit cards.

In fact I tried to do one deposit with Chase a few months ago with only ATM card and was sent back to the corner desk to fill out a paper deposit slip.

Wells Fargo finally hang up its shingle on all the Wachovia branches here since July 11th. All the old Wachovia deposit slips are gone, replaced with Wells Fargo deposit slips - and yes, even with the new Wells Fargo swipe machines (which do not seem to work very well with the touch screen so they need to hook up a key pad device for the PIN entry), still need to fill out the new Wells Fargo slip.

An interesting thing is, the Wells Fargo deposit slip looks almost identical to Chase deposit slip in both design and color (pink). If one does not look at the name of the bank on it, one cannot tell which bank's deposit slip is.

I am actually at a loss why they all insist to have paper deposit slips which occasionally would be mis-read by the back office nightly reconciliation employees and causing the deposits not recorded on the same day, despite the tellers entered the account numbers correctly (with ATM card swipe).