FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington D.C. which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:14 am
atjsfo

Originally Posted by jibi
The Foggy Bottom station (blue and orange lines) is about a 5-minute walk from the Westin Georgetown. The rest of Georgetown (bars, restaurants) is about a 3-5 minute walk down M Street, although there were a few places within a block of the hotel. Aside from the 500 points bonus in Dusk, it is nothing special (spend the required $10 and nothing more). Foggy Bottom station is about 2 stops and a block walk from the White House and about 4-5 stops from the Mall area. We're not walkers and found no real issues with the Georgetown location. I had previously booked the City Center for the location and price, but I changed my booking after reading reviews on here and TA ... it seemed more like a dungeon than a nicer hotel
Thanks for the info, jibi.

I read through the various threads for DC and decided that the Westin Georgetown was the best choice for us; the fact it is Cat 4 is nice, the location sounds good - maybe not ideal that it's not too close to the mall, but I think it will suffice - and the proximity to Georgetown sounds nice. Hotel sounds like it's not the most luxurious but sounds pretty good. So we are booked for October, and I'm very much looking forward to it!