FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More TSOs banning filming, and a passenger written up for using names of body parts
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:14 pm
saulblum

Originally Posted by WillCAD
Yes, that is the person with whom I corresponded a few weeks ago. It was a pleasant email conversation in which she answered all of my questions with friendly professionalism. I also liked the answers I got.

I have not received any reply to the last email I sent suggesting that the MDTA officers be informed of the actual policies. Because of the inflammatory nature of the subject, I think it's possible that she passed it on up and has not yet received any reply herself.

I hope I get at least some acknowledgment from her, though, even if it's just to tell me that she received my email and will pass it on the proper authorities.
I relayed the message from Lynda to the YouTube poster. I urged him in a private message to pursue this matter with the TSA, and to also bring it to the media's attention. I suggested that instead of focusing on Constitutional issues that some may consider abstract and irrelevant, that he instead concentrate on the fitness of these two TSOs for protecting our airspace. In other words, if they so adamantly do not understand the TSA's photography policy, and are so easily distracted from their duties to spend well over a minute harassing his wife, are they really the best people for entrusting the "last line of defense against terrorism"? If they don't understand the photography policy, what else don't they understand about keeping airspace safe? I feel that would resonate a lot better with many people than claims of "the TSOs violated by First and Fourth Amendment rights".