FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email reply from TSA on my inquiry about having passengers speak their names
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:35 pm
Chrisinhouston

Email reply from TSA on my inquiry about having passengers speak their names

I wrote to the TSA via their website on Sunday asking for specific rules on what they were allowed to ask of me when I show them my ID at the checkpoint. I asked for what was the official policy on asking passengers to speak their names and could they either respond with a copy of whatever the new policy was or where I could find it on the TSA website. I sent one message using my email browser to the address [email protected] and also used one of their popup message senders at their website.

So, today I received 2 answers which basically tell me nothing!

Thank you for your e-mail message. We appreciate that you took the time to share this information with us.

So that we may forward your e-mail to the appropriate office for action, please provide us with the following specific details:

• Specific name of the airport where the incident occurred
• Date and time of incident
• Airline
• Contact number if one is available.

You can also provide us with this information by calling the TSA Contact Center, toll-free at (866) 289-9673. If you are outside the United States and cannot use the toll-free number, please call us at (571) 227-2900.

Thank you for your email message.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) does not discuss or release specific security procedures.

This information is developed exclusively for TSA personnel and is considered Sensitive Security Information (SSI). TSA cannot release SSI to the public because it is considered detrimental to the security of transportation.

We hope this information is useful.

TSA Contact Center