FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:26 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DrSifu
I will just say that my Walmart in San Diego would not accept the coins to purchase a money order. Hell, they would not even accept them as currency for the purchase of a $108 radio. Consider yourself lucky.
You should have asked to have spoken to a manager over the purchase. As a WMT shareholder that really irritates me a cashier would deny a sale.

I have never had a problem using the coins at WMT to buy money orders. As one poster indicated sometimes they will just give me paper bills if they realize I am just trying to get rid of the coins, especially if I wait until I have my items in my cart before going up to the counter so they will know I am making a purchase. And if they make me buy a money order their prices are the best out there and they will sell them up to $1,000 where many places its only $500. The only time I do that is if I get a shipment and don't have a chance to go to the bank during business hours and am heading out of town. It is nice being able to deposit them in the ATM or just having the money orders to deposit later as opposed to all those coins sitting in nmy car or office.