FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:32 am
DWM

Programs: AA Gold (and climbing), SPG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I just wanted to report my experiences here. I have just spent a week in Bangkok and decided to get a suit and shirts made. I decided to go to Tailor On Ten.
This was one hell of a good choice! Alex was welcoming, knowledgeable and interesting. He has a great range of fabrics. He offers loads of different wool fabrics and cotton fabrics. I was pleased to see a couple who had just finished up and had their suits and cothing ready to take home with them. I had a quick chat to them while Alex was on the phone (i.e not listening and they said they were extremely happy with it all and that they had decided to get him to do their wedding outfits!)
So feeling reassured I ordered a wool pinstriped suit, and 4 shirts. A few days later I came in for the first fitting, the shirts fit perfectly and we did the first fitting for my suit. The whole process was relaxed, smooth and enjoyable. Anyways, I have ended up with a suit I am very happy with and 4 shirts that look great. Overall I was really impressed. I loved that there were fixed prices (he didn't charge me extra 50b here and 100 baht there for certain things I wanted like monogramming and stuff). The other thing I liked was that he did not just say my suit looked great, there were some little details that I didn't notice but Alex did and he pointed them out and changed them. I have been to a few tailors in Bangkok and the usual way is to smooth out the jacket wrinkles and say "everything is perfect!"
Tailor On Ten's prices are really good. The quality is first rate and he is a pleasure to deal with. I recommend Tailor On Ten very highly.