FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:26 am
longhorn59

I'm not exactly sure, but I think I've stayed at this hotel about 30 nights this year. I recently earned plat status and will be heading back in a couple weeks for my first "platinum experience" there. Here are my comments on this hotel based on my stays thus far:

The hotel is an older building, but was recently renovated, so the lobby and bar area are pretty nice. Like a lot of other Starwood properties, this is a franchised location operated by another hotel group.

The checkin process is typically very fast and friendly. I've been upgraded to the Club Floor a couple times and to a large suite one time. The suite was very dated (pics here) both in its decor and fixtures; they need to fix that at some point.
The standard rooms are nice and have recently been fitted with flat screen TVs.

The elevators require a room key to go to any floor that has rooms. It's not an issue for me since I'm so used to it, but it never fails when a first-timer gets in that they're puzzled as to what they need to do.

There's a restaurant downstairs, but they offer the full menu at the bar as well. The food is very average, but expensive. I've had a few $50 dinners here that were pretty bad.

The wireless internet is average in speed except for the peak times of the evening when it absolutely crawls.

Overall the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel is just that...an airport hotel. It caters to the biz traveler and is typically pretty full (if not 100%) during the week. The shuttle between the airport and the hotel runs every 10 minutes and is very convenient.