FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:13 am
samdori

After my 4th try via SM I finally was successful getting my points increased to 75,000. In summary, it is was a lot of headache to get them and there were a few times I started to doubt whether I would get more than the initial 10,000 and was wishing I had passed on this offer altogether. But now that I am getting the full 75,000 it feels worth the effort.

This is the reply to my 4th SM (sent to Program Info and Definitions around 6PM on Friday)
Dear XXX,
I understand that you were offered 10,000 Membership Rewards bonus points for your first purchase. I sincerely apologize that due to some technical error this offer was not linked to your Card account.
I understand that we were also offering "75,000 Membership Rewards bonus points if Cardmembers spend $500 within the first three months of Cardmembership."
I would like to assure you that we will honor you this new promotional offer.
I also see that you have already met the $500.00 spending on your Card account.
Therefore, I have gone ahead and issued 75,000 points to your account.
Now you have 0 available points and 75,000 pending points.
Additionally, I have checked your account and see that your enrollment date in Membership Rewards feature was 06/22/2011.
Since you were recently enrolled in the program, you may notice a slight delay before seeing accrued points applied to your Membership Rewards account. Please allow one to two billing periods for these points to appear.
However, if you need to use the points that still show as pending online and your payment has been received and credited to your account, the Membership Rewards program will honor them. Simply email us and we will make these points available to you.
I hope I have met your expectations with this email.
We value the relationship built with you and we look forward to provide you excellent customer service that you truly deserve.
Have a great day ahead!
Sincerely,
XXX
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services