FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMR's dropping stock price (consolidated bankruptcy discussion & speculation thread)
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:06 pm
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
With the price AMR stock hitting 52 week lows of 5.16 this week, can we expect some sort of shareholder revolt demanding a change of management?

Analysts are predicting loses throughout 2011, and possibly into early 2012. How long will shareholders put up with the poor performance of AMR's currenct management?
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Am I missing something? The stock is approaching its 2009 lows of below $5, and the airline is projected to lose close to a billion for 2011. In the meantime, AMR's competitors are now posting profits, and the shareholders are happy with this?
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that people invest in airline companies (AMR or any other) because they expect a "return" on their principal; I thought it was because they like airplanes.

Seriously, if someone "invests" in the airline industry and expects to make money, quite frankly I think their a perfect match for the current AA management.

The fact that I choose AA to be my preferred carrier because of their frequent flier program, has absolutely no bearing, whatsoever, on my assessment of them as an "investment."

I'd also say, be careful what you wish for, were I made king of AA and had to run it for "shareholders" (rather than just being a customer) I'd likely make many changes, to said FFP, that many here would not like at all.

Regards