FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - transit without visa through YYZ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:29 pm
highlander88

Programs: AC*E35
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Based on the Air Canada link provided above, I'm inclined to agree with californiadreamin' that a Visa will not be required (bolding mine).

From what I can tell...
  • Thai citizens are eligible for the program.
  • Flights from the US are eligible. Not only does the AC website specifically state this, but why else would they state that Air Canada Express flights qualify? AFAIK Jazz doesn't fly to Asia.
  • There is nothing stating that citizens from Indonesia, the Phillipines, Taiwan and Thailand have to be travelling to/from those countries.

Of course, I would recommend that the OP check with a Canadian consulate to confirm the above.

The citizenship and immigration Canada website linked to only refers to what airports and airlines need to do in order to be eligible to qualify for the program and doesn't really affect the OP as he will be transiting an airport and using an airline that do qualify.
I took a read through it too and I would tend to come to the same conclusion as YEG USER. You might want to check with a CBSA border officer though at www.cbsa.gc.ca look under contacts and there is a 1-800 number that will connect you to a border services officer, who may or may not be helpful (but if hte answer is not, phone again, someone will hopefully give you a firm answer)