FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA:747 (E+) vs LH:A380 (Y) Award Tickets
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2011, 8:25 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
LH, new seats which are MUCH better, and I *think* you can get Internet even.
New seats are much better than the old LH Y seats but at the end of the day it is still Y.

Originally Posted by CASAFlyer
IMHO it is a matter of preferences: LH has marginally better food and free booze, but if you are tall and need as much legroom as possible, then UA Y+ is much better.
This is basically it. The LH seats also have AVOD and USB for power that UA doesn't.

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
But isn't there Ethernet? I thought I saw it on the new seats on a Privat Air flight, which are the same seats on the A380.
The ethernet jacks don't do anything. Only a couple A330s have the internet service right now. They've been trying to bring it back online for a few months now and it is slow going.

I did the inaugural SFO-FRA A380 flight. It was nice. The A380 is an incredibly quiet plane to fly on which is nice for the overnight trip. I recommend a seat in the front or back Y cabins downstairs; they're slightly smaller, quieter and I found the service to be a bit better than in the middle sections.

At the end of the day it is all Y so don't expect a ton, but the new LH seat isn't so bad and the overall experience certainly could be worse.