FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Egencia "special rate" blues. I hate these people
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:13 pm
Rebelyell

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Egencia "special rate" blues. I hate these people

I just booked a room for my wife and as soon as she got the email learned that I had booked the "special" rate rather than the "published" rate. I immediately called and tried to change it, but no luck. I called the hotel and tried to pay extra to get my wife her points and credits, but that was a no-go as well.

I hate Egencia. They put these "special" rates in small print so that you don't realize you are booking them. Then when you do, you lose out on a free hotel night and hotel nights and perhaps hotel status. So to save $5 you lose hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.

I hate Egencia, and I think it is wrong of Marriott not to allow those who have been tricked into booking the "special" rate to pay extra to get their hotel credit. Sigh. Rant. Rave.

p.s. to make matters worse, I browbeat my wife into staying at a Fairfield to get her Megabonus free night certificate. She hates Fairfields. So a bad hotel stay with neither hotel certificate nor points as a salve. Double sigh. Double Rant. Double Rave.