FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Menus and Experiences From Bygone Years
Old Jun 30, 2003, 6:19 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
What a great response! Thanks to all of you who have posted those First Class menus. Raldal, I wish I'd been of age to have flown Lufthansa First Class back in the 70s. What a spread!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by opushomes:
Actually, 2A, if you happen to have them, please post any TWA, Braniff, or CO (bird with the golden tail) menus from the 60's or 70's so that some of us may reminisce about how it was.</font>
I do have some of these. At present, they are in storage up in Fairbanks. Until then, please check out This First Class TWA DEN-JFK menu from 1972. It's an awesome menu compared to today's services on this 3:40 minute sector. There are also some interesting comments following the original posting.

Patrick, I can also help you out on some of those 1970s Western services. Again, they are in Fairbanks, but I have MIA-LAX and DEN-LHR alng with SEA-ANC menus. I also have a 1960s Pan American Honolulu-Tokyo First Class menu I will retrieve. It is catered by Maxim's of Paris.