FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:30 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drbobguy
Okay I thought I was good to go after I got bumped up, but now I see that the continental transfer option is expiring at the end of September. That's only an issue if it really takes 6-8 weeks for points to post, and then after that I have to SM them for the remainder. So seeing as how my statement ends at the end of July, that could conceivably be into October before I see all the points.

How likely is it that it really takes 6-8 weeks for points to post?
not likely.

How it works it seems the offer's own bonus, be it 10K or 25K, shows up as "earned" immediately after you meet the spend requirement. Then you can ask for the release of the bump up. At this stage it depends on your luck whether the 75K are made immediately available so you can use them, or they are made "pending for transfer" then you would have to wait for next statement cycle. Meanwhile pay off your balance and ask the expedition again... Chances are the total would be available long before Sept 30.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 11, 2011 at 9:54 pm