FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:11 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by booyaa
Don't mean to go off topic of this thread, but when I asked them to do something about annual fee of delta plat because I have Amex plat as well, they only gave me 3k skymiles. I didn't mention cancelling though...
I honestly believe they have a range of value on freebies to give out - it is up to the agent's discretion to determine how much is given out. So it is a Luck of Draw on which agent you got - a more generous one or a stingy one. The only difference I see between my SPG and his SPG is, mine is used more heavily, may be 100% more.

A friend only got $25 statement credit on his SPG Biz which he used heavily and has it for 4 years now. Each year he got a bit of credit, never big enough to be noteworthy.

On the On Topic note, I got a very easy agent on the promising of 50K pt (simply send email reply after $500 spend) and a very quick release of all 75K without paying the balance at all.

My husband's request with same wordings was met with a more stringent requirement - he had to wait for 25K posted in 6 to 8 weeks then email back for the additional 50K pts. After a few back and forth exchange of SMs the agent would not budget to match the promise I got.

I went ahead to send a request on his card for expediting release anyway after the success on my own card.

Hopefully he will get his 75K pts released quickly as well. I did see now under the activity, he "earned" 25K but 0 is available.