FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:42 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MJLouise
I sent a secure message asking them if they would pretty please award the points ASAP since I have immediate travel plans I had already met the minimum spend & paid off the bill, even though it had not closed yet.
I had almost $1K spend on July 5th but totally forgot about to do the email back thing after $500 spend is met. Then I had other charges and had total spend just over $2K by July 8. It was 0 point in my MR account as of Friday night. So I went ahead to reply the email to request expedite the full bonus points of 75K.

Got a response today said 25K already automatically released by system on July 9th and now 50K was released for a total of 75K immediately available for redemption.

I have not paid any balance, fwiw. I also have not seen the spending points which I assume would need to be after statement close and bill paid.

On another note, I sent a separate SM a couple hours later to request assistance on the upcoming SPG annual fee. Got the response from the SAME overseas agent who replied both the MR SM and SPG SM on the same reply and only issued 2K SPG pts. The same request was sent a day before on husband's SPG account and he got a $50 statement credit, a better offer than mine when his card has only 1/2 of the spending than mine!

I replied to ask for a match on the SPG assistance. Hope they would up the offer to 5K.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 10, 2011 at 10:51 am