FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 32" LG LED HDTV 32LV2500 $299 (Planning to take it india)..will it work??
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:54 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DFW DL
My apologies if you were offended by my post, but I did fully read it and your statement that "there is no question of bribes now" could have been misleading to those outside India. Your post above would seem to agree that solicitation of bribes is a part of everyday life, which was my point exactly. I agree that many times we have a choice whether to pay or not, but when a Customs officer is hassling you for duty on an item when none is due or a Police officer is writing you up for a traffic offense that didn't happen...what choice does one have?

It is my sincerest hope that someday your statement becomes true and that we will be free from the stain of corruption in our society...unfortunately we have a long path to travel to get there.
thank you for the apology....its seems as we are all in agreement of the situation....even i sincerely hope one day we are free of the day to day corruption that plagues our country....