FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - list of WN website bugs/issues
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:04 pm
ftnoob
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by dlaue
Then, I try to find out what the cash fare would be.

WN's slick site will NOT return to the general booking engine---it keeps returning to the standard award booking availability screen.
IIRC, at one time the Book a Flight link on the drop down menu below "Air" included the parameter/value pair: forceNewSession=yes. (Some of the items on the drop down menu still have that.) If you right click / copy either the Search Flights link from the breadcrumbs trail, or the Book a Flight link from the drop down menu, paste the link to the browser's location field, and append:
Code:
&forceNewSession=yes
to the end of the URL, you can switch to a dollars or points booking search. Of course you have to input your parameters from scratch. If you have the search saved as a frequent flight, you can use that drop down, but you still have to supply the date anew.

You can also just bookmark this link to the main flight page with that parameter included.

The old way, which was much better, doesn't work with the post-transition site, and over the course of numerous attempts the revamped web site has thwarted all my efforts to come up with a comparably effective technique.

(I'm pretty sure I could write a GreaseMonkey script that would list WGA fares in another column next to the award availability. It would probably be pretty easy for someone who is actually proficient at JavaScript and jQuery, but I have no training in either, so for me it would be lots of hours of one baby step at a time.)