FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:51 pm
jtaft

Programs: status-less.
Sitting in the RC writing this, unwinding from the day's work. A short stay - 2 nights. Considered using a Diamond suite upgrade but in the end just took a standard room. Did not pay a high rate (Fedrooms, I'm on US Govt business) and didn't rent a car so am not using many features of the hotel.

Structurally it's quite reminiscent of the St. Louis property near the Arch. The RC is on the first floor now next to the bar with big sliding glass doors, although my room is on the 11th floor (high floor is in my preferences). RC offering for breakfast was standard continental + salmon. Not a big spread but sufficient for a light snack before starting the day. At night, the spread was meager for dinner (crudites, cheese, nuts), although there was plenty of dessert available. Drinks are standard honor bar but you have to ask the attendant to bring the bottle out for anything other than wine; once brought out it is self-pour. They are *very* prompt about taking things away exactly at the times specified although I found the single attendant helpful & quite pleasant.

Check-in at ~9PM was quick and efficient. Diamond benefits were correctly and instantly recognized. I took the fruit/cheese + beer option and received a plate with some grapes, a few dried apricots and three kinds of cheese. No bread and two bottles of Labatt Bleue. Sufficient but unexciting.

Did not have a car so can't comment on parking. Rue de Jeanne-Mance is all closed due to the imminent jazz fest so the taxi let me off a block away to walk in. The room is a standard king, nothing special, with white ginger bathroom products. Everything was in working order and the room was in good shape, no complaints there. A/C was on quite high when I arrived (it was 28 degrees out), but the fan was not noisy.

Overall impression is that it's a basic city center Hyatt, ok if you're here on business but not special. For me, the short walk to my business destination and the rate within Government per diem limits made it a perfectly acceptable stay but I doubt I'd use this property for a leisure trip paid out of my own pocket unless it offered a very competitive rate.