FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion Fare FAQ - Bank of America Mileage Plan Visa
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:00 pm
UFgatorgal

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Have a question regarding use of existing $ credit in ewallet to purchase ticket with a companion certificate.

There always seem be significant credits in my ewallet (often > $500).
So for the last 3 years each time I use my companion cert, I call Res to see if I can use the credits toward to tix (in case rules change) and are always told "NO you cannot use credits in combination with companion cert". Even buying FF or First.

Fast forward, I now have a cert expiring later this month that I don't have plans yet to use. So called reservations to ask about making changes (dates/destination/fees) to determine my options. Without asking, the friendly agent pulled up my account, noticed the large credit amounts and said I should consider applying those credits toward the tix with companion cert. I was surprised given what I've been told over the years so she suggested I speak with customer care since "they are the ones who know the answers" and transferred me.

In speaking with customer care, they assured me that I definintely can use ewallet credits toward tix purchase when using a companion cert. I just needed to book online and said it's always been that way?!?!

Is this true? Missydarlin - love to get your input here!